A few weeks ago, my brother and I made it a mission to finally replace the bright pink fabric on a dining room gift set. I picked out some fabric a few months ago and it lived in my closet for a few weeks- untouched. At last, the day had come for me to put that fabric to good use.
My parents lent me their staples gun and we got to work.
There were a few hiccups along the way, including:
- Zero measuring (I eyeballed how much fabric I needed and crossed my fingers)
- No foam (I didn’t measure anything and the foam guy was not impressed, so we left)
- Terrible seamstress skills (we just cut squares and pulled on the fabric to make it tight)
- Holes in the plywood are too big now and some screws won’t go back in 😦
All in all, reupholstering chairs was not too difficult. Just don’t turn my chairs around 😉